Saturday, March 17, 2012

Why Commit Suicide?

There is something innate in us that seems to rise us up to the plate when needed. There are times when we have to dig deep inside of us even though we feel that we can't make it, but we tend to carry on. This is the time you have to tell yourself "I have to grin and bear it", and you don't know where the courage comes from, but in the end you come out on top.

I sometimes wonder why people in the world commit suicide. There are so many windows to open, releasing new vistas to conquer, new heights to surmount. Yet we are so shallow, so myopic in our reasoning, so selfish in our attitudes that we refuse to see our real purpose here on planet Earth, so we then take our lives.

Our sole existence is to help others whenever and wherever we can in a positive manner, but we always go to the website WIIFM.com [what's in it for me]. O, So short-sighted. If I had it my power I would CLOSE that Website down, but herein lies one root of our selfish relationship.

At any stage in life someone is watching, and following you like on Twitter or Pinterest and taping you. Any time you deviate from your chosen path your followers tend to go over the deep end. Even though you are crippled and you believe that you can't do any thing there is always something you can do.

There is someone who has NO ARMS and NO REAL FEET, the video concerning him was sent to me by someone I do not know. This gentleman has a flipper for one foot, about 2 1/2 feet tall and he travels the world giving motivating presentations to young school students.

There was a young lady attending University of the Southern Caribbean at the same time with us who was blind, and another who graduated this year.

There was still another who had to write her assignments with her toes holding whatever writing instrument. She has since graduated with a law degree a couple years ago from the University of the West Indies. She stunned the country when she passed her CE Exam. a few years before, and made it through secondary school and university.

And still another who paints with her mouth in Kenya.

I have a friend who lives in the USA, he is disabled but he paints good stuff, no excellent work.

Regardless of your circumstances you have NO RIGHT to take your life, you did not produce it.

There is a lady right now who can't see, and could hardly walk, but is not giving up on life.

I am not talking off the top of my head. I have a disability and could hardly walk but I am not lying down. I will die with my boots on.

This generation of wired people, the iPod, iPad, and iPhone belong to the same instant coffee, instant tea, and instant milk age.

So they think everything should be instant.

Why don't the scientists produce instant education, so we don't have to "beat books". They can open our brain and just pour in our instant education.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7179505

No comments:

Post a Comment